Gutter Installation in Hickory, NC
Dependable Gutter Installation Services in Hickory, NC
Installing gutters is essential to protecting your home and property from the elements. Gutters are designed to collect rainwater and direct it away from your roof, foundation, walls, and landscaping. This will help prevent water damage, mold growth, and other structural issues. Properly installed and maintained gutters can also increase your home’s curb appeal and property value.
At Landmark Roofing, we install custom gutter systems for both residential and commercial properties in and around Hickory, NC. Our professional roofers aim to balance form and function, giving you a system that protects your home while simultaneously improving your structure’s appearance. Our locally owned and operated company only uses top materials and will help you choose the type and design that are best suited for your property’s needs. We pride ourselves on our exceptional customer service and look to establish lasting partnerships with the people we serve, which is why we offer a satisfaction guarantee.
Need a new or replacement gutter system? Call (828) 392-6488 or contact us online to request a free estimate today!
Types of Gutters
All gutters have the same goal and function: Collecting and directing rainwater and other debris away from your home’s foundation. Several major gutter types are available, each with its own aesthetic appearance, advantages, and disadvantages.
We are humbled to be trusted by our communities and give back by donating a portion of our proceeds to local nonprofits and organizations.Contact Us
Types of Gutter Materials
Gutters are constructed of one of several available materials. Box-style gutters are only available in aluminum, while K-style and box-style gutters offer more flexibility in material choice. Each material has advantages and disadvantages that our experts can discuss with you.
Gutters can be made up of any of the following materials:
- Aluminum. Aluminum gutters offer easy color customization and are lightweight, rust-resistant, and cost-effective. With proper cleaning and maintenance, they can last for several decades, but they can also crack or warp when subject to extreme weather.
- Copper. Copper gutters offer superior durability thanks to their thicker gauge and can easily withstand most types of inclement weather. While heavy, they are not generally prone to bending, warping, or rusting. They do tend to be more expensive than other materials, though many find copper’s many advantages to be worth the investment.
- Galvanized steel. Galvanized steel gutters are well-suited to North Carolina homes that constantly deal with heavy rain, but they rust easily and thus require consistent maintenance. Like other metal gutters, they can last for several decades if they are well-maintained.
- Vinyl. Vinyl gutters are among the most cost-effective options, but their affordability comes with a price: Vinyl deteriorates quickly when subject to heavy rain, so it will typically only last a decade or two, even with proper maintenance. Vinyl material also tends to bend more easily than metals, leading to potential functionality problems.
- Zinc. Zinc gutters are highly customizable and are one of the most lasting solutions. They can remain functional for more than twice the average lifespan of aluminum gutters, and they also require less maintenance than other materials. Zinc is also scratch- and crack-resistant.
Does My North Carolina Home Need Gutters?
Do not assume your home does not need gutters if you have yet to have issues. It is in the best interest of most homeowners to install a gutter system of some kind in their Hickory, NC home. Doing so protects your property from the consequences of water damage, rot, and pest infestations, all of which can become disruptive emergencies that require costly repairs to resolve. With that said, there are some scenarios where gutters may be optional, and we will never attempt to sell you something you do not need. Your home’s existing roof structure will determine what type of gutters are necessary, if any.
If your home’s roof has only a few inches of overhang or no overhang at all, you almost certainly need gutters. Without them, water will pour down your exterior walls and pool near your foundation.
If your house is located at a lower level than the adjacent landscaping, gutters are not optional, even if the difference in elevation is slight. Water needs to be directed away from the lower area to a safe drainage location.
If your home is entirely surrounded by concrete elements, such as patios or pathways, the concrete may be able to sufficiently protect your home’s foundation from rainwater. Still, installing gutters may be prudent.
Otherwise, gutters may only be optional if your home is located at a higher elevation than the surrounding landscaping or if your roof is sharply peaked and has an overhang of one foot or more. In the former scenario, water should generally move to lower ground without the assistance of gutters, meaning it will not dangerously pool near your foundation. In the latter scenario, the orientation of your roof may send water an adequate distance from your foundation to not cause problems.
We also offer assistance with gutter guards. Call (828) 392-6488 or contact us online to request a complimentary inspection and consultation!
We've Got You Covered Unmatched Roofing Expertise.
We are highly experienced and certified in a variety of residential and commercial roofing systems and gutters.
We are humbled to be trusted by our communities and give back by donating a portion of our proceeds to local nonprofits and organizations.
We offer emergency tarping services when it is absolutely critical to get the leak to stop.
By only recommending solutions and using products we would use for our own homes our team will exceed your expectations