Getting regular roof inspections is an important part of home ownership. Working with a trusted professional ensures that your roof remains in good condition and provides protection against the elements, including high winds and heavy rains. A properly inspected roof can also save you money on energy costs since it will help keep heat inside during cold weather and cool air inside during hot weather. Furthermore, regular inspections will help you identify any potential problems before they become costly emergencies.
Our seasoned professionals at Landmark Roofing strive to partner with North Carolina homeowners and become their go-to resource for all things roofing. We are always prepared to conduct both routine and emergency roof inspections in Hickory, NC, no matter the roof type or your roof’s size or complexity. After completing our inspection, we will walk you through our findings, including any warning signs that warrant repairs or attention. We are a full-service roofing company that has already served thousands of customers, meaning we know what to look for and how to effectively tackle problems of all kinds. You can expect honest, transparent service that does not settle for the status quo: Our roofers only recommend solutions we would use on our own homes, and we will never push unnecessary repairs. You will only get the best, which is why we offer a satisfaction guarantee.
A roof inspection accomplishes a great deal, not only for peace of mind but also for the preservation and protection of your home. During a professional inspection, a roofing expert will identify any existing damage or concerning wear to the roof. They will check for cracked, missing, or broken shingles as well as any other signs of deterioration. A professional will also check for improper installation and inadequate ventilation that could lead to mold growth and other moisture-related issues.
We are humbled to be trusted by our communities and give back by donating a portion of our proceeds to local nonprofits and organizations.Contact Us
Remember, roof inspections should ideally be focused on preventive maintenance. Therefore, they should be routinely scheduled, though the precise frequency of inspections may vary based on your roof type, as some materials warrant more maintenance than others.
Generally, you should look to schedule at least two professional roof inspections each year: one in the spring, and one in the fall. You should also consider scheduling an inspection promptly after an extreme weather event like a hurricane, even if you do not notice any obvious signs of damage. You should not under any circumstances go more than a year without a comprehensive inspection.
When Does My Roof Need an Emergency Inspection?
Problems with your roof can develop at inconvenient times, including right after a routine inspection. When you notice a potential issue, you should not wait until your next inspection. Reaching out to one of our Hickory, NC roof inspection experts as soon as you notice worrying signs of damage can mitigate the consequences and save you money in the long run.
You should not wait to get in touch with our team at Landmark Roofing if you notice any of the following red flags:
- Broken, missing, or damaged shingles. Dislodged, creased, or curled shingles can be a sign that your roof is in dire need of emergency repairs. Not addressing these issues quickly can lead to water damage, wood rot, and energy loss.
- Water leaks or stains. As soon as you notice leaks, stains, or other signs of unwanted water getting into your home, you need a professional roofer to locate the source of the intrusion. We will inspect your attic and roof to determine the leak’s cause and what it will take to fix it.
- Tree branches or other debris on your roof. The impact from falling debris can dislodge, crack, or break shingles and roofing materials, creating vulnerabilities that allow water to seep in. An emergency roof inspection is necessary to assess the extent of any damage and make necessary repairs before leaks start and the damage worsens. You should not attempt to remove debris from your roof yourself, as this could lead to injury and further harm.
- Unusual spikes in your energy bills. A properly installed and maintained roof will typically reduce your monthly utility bills. Unusually high energy bills can be a sign that something is wrong. If your attic is not properly insulated or sealed, or if there are leaks or damage in your roof, it can lead to increased heat loss and higher costs to heat and cool your home. An emergency roof inspection is necessary to determine if the spike in your energy bills is due to a roof problem that needs to be addressed.
- Visible daylight coming in through your roof. If you notice visible daylight coming through your roof or attic, that is a sign of a serious roof leak or damage that requires professional intervention. Daylight coming through the roof indicates there is a hole or opening that can allow water to pour in, which can lead to water damage, mold growth, and structural issues. It is not safe or advisable to inspect the roof yourself or try to make repairs when there are visible holes or openings.
We are highly experienced and certified in a variety of residential and commercial roofing systems and gutters.
We are humbled to be trusted by our communities and give back by donating a portion of our proceeds to local nonprofits and organizations.
We offer emergency tarping services when it is absolutely critical to get the leak to stop.
By only recommending solutions and using products we would use for our own homes our team will exceed your expectations