We provide free estimates and roof evaluations to determine what coating is right for you. Talk to our roof coating specialists today!
A roof coating can be an effective way to protect a home or commercial building from the elements. In many cases, a roof coating offers superior protection against wind, rain, snow, ice, and sun damage while also providing insulation benefits. Roof coatings are typically applied directly over existing roofs and can provide years of added protection with minimal maintenance required. If your roof has begun to show signs of age or wear and tear due to these environmental factors or other causes such as hail damage or extreme temperatures, it may be time to consider getting a roof coating for your property.
At Landmark Roofing, we use the best materials and superior application processes to apply roof coatings to Hickory, NC residential and commercial properties. Our professional roofers never settle for the status quo and always strive to deliver optimal results, no matter the complexity of the job. When you choose our locally owned and operated company, you can expect exceptional service, an exhaustive attention to detail, and a commitment to earning your trust and satisfaction. As you explore potential roof coating options, we will walk you through the pros and cons of each choice and provide the expert guidance you need to make an informed decision. Then, we will efficiently but carefully apply your chosen coating and remain available to address any issues that may arise. We genuinely care and will be here to meet all of your roofing needs.
We are highly experienced and certified in a variety of residential and commercial roofing systems and gutters.
We are humbled to be trusted by our communities and give back by donating a portion of our proceeds to local nonprofits and organizations.
We offer emergency tarping services when it is absolutely critical to get the leak to stop.
By only recommending solutions and using products we would use for our own homes our team will exceed your expectations
Many people misunderstand what roof coatings can accomplish and the benefits they can offer. A roof coating is a protective layer of material that is applied over your existing roof, potentially increasing its lifespan and better protecting it from inclement weather.
Getting a roof coating for your Hickory, NC home or commercial building can confer the following advantages:
- Energy savings. A properly applied roof coating can better reflect the sun’s rays and reduce the amount of heat that is absorbed by the building. This helps lower air conditioning costs and can even extend the life of an HVAC system as its fixtures will not have to work as hard to keep the building cool. A roof coating also helps improve insulation by preventing heat from escaping through cracks or seams in the roof. This not only helps keep a building warm during cold months when heating costs are high but can also help a property owner save money on their energy bills throughout the entire year. Finally, some types of specialized coatings come equipped with special reflective technology that can further reduce energy usage associated with air conditioning and heating systems.
- Increased longevity. By providing a protective barrier against harsh weather conditions, a roof coating can slow the effects of wear and tear and prevent your roof from deteriorating. It can stop moisture from seeping into the underlying layer of the roof and protect it against UV rays from the sun, which can cause fading, cracking, or peeling over time. By reducing heat absorption, a roof coating can also lower the temperature of your roofing material and reduce thermal shock to your shingles.
- Cleaner rooftop. A roof coating can help improve the appearance and general cleanliness of your property's roof. It is designed to provide a protective barrier that prevents dirt and dust buildup, which not only improves the aesthetic appeal of your building but also makes it easier to clean. Some coatings are designed with hydrophobic properties that help repel moisture and prevent unwanted debris, such as leaves and branches, from sticking to the surface of your roof. This helps ensure that any water or debris is quickly washed away when rain falls and will make cleaning your roof much easier in the long run. A roof coating can also help reduce the effects of mold growth on a roof by making it more difficult for spores to attach themselves to the surface due to its protective layer.
- Leak prevention. By providing a protective layer over the roofing material, the coating acts as a shield that reduces the penetration of water and other moisture. The coating also helps create an impervious seal against wind-driven rain, helping to reduce water intrusion through cracks or seams in the roofing structure. For areas prone to severe hail damage or extreme temperatures, specialized coatings can be used which are designed specifically for these conditions and can offer additional protection against leaks.
- Fire retardation. Some coatings are made with fire retardant additives which help slow the spread of flames in the event of a fire. This can give occupants of a building valuable time to evacuate and allow firefighters more time to control the blaze. The coating also helps prevent sparks from entering the roofing structure, reducing the risk of fires igniting at all. Additionally, some coatings are designed with high reflectivity which can help reduce temperatures on an exposed roof during periods of extreme heat, decreasing fire risks associated with overheating roofs. Finally, by providing a protective barrier between the elements and the underlying structure of a building, a roof coating can help reduce corrosion or decay that could lead to electrical short circuits or other issues that could be hazardous in terms of fire safety.
“This company is a pleasure to work with and does beautiful work!” - Tracey F.
You should consider several important factors when deciding which type of roof coating is right for your North Carolina building. These include the age and condition of your current roof, its material type, and any known risk factors (including climate concerns) associated with the structure. We can answer your questions, evaluate your building’s needs, and recommend the appropriate solution.
Landmark Roofing regularly works with several popular types of roof coatings in Hickory, NC, including:
- Acrylic elastomeric. Acrylic elastomeric coatings give roofs increased strength and durability. They typically improve the efficiency of a roof system and reduce energy costs. By sealing a roof against the elements, it can extend the lifespan of a well-maintained roof. It can be applied over a wide range of roofing materials, including metal, fiberglass, asphalt, PVC, aged EPDM membranes, and more. This coating can also reinforce a vulnerable or compromised area of a damaged roof.
- Acrylic emulsion. This coating is watertight, weatherproof, long-lasting, and cost-effective. It also has reflective properties that work to keep your roof cool.
- Fabric-reinforced acrylic elastomeric. Fabric-reinforced acrylic elastomeric roof coating is the superior choice for North Carolina properties looking to maximize their protection from the elements. This type of coating combines the benefits of regular acrylic elastomeric roof coatings with added reinforcement from a fabric backing, creating an even tougher barrier against water intrusion and other environmental factors. The fabric backing helps reduce thermal shock from temperature changes while also providing additional insulation benefits; this can help reduce energy usage associated with air conditioning and heating systems over time. Additionally, the fabric backing helps create a more durable surface that is less prone to cracking or peeling due to wear and tear over time, making it ideal for areas prone to extreme temperatures or hailstorms.
- High solids silicone. This coating type effectively combats high humidity and keeps a property’s interiors cooler thanks to its reflective properties. Plus, it can be extremely cost-effective, as it often does not need a primer: In many instances, the coating can be directly applied on an existing roof.